I was 12 weeks on Saturday. I’m in the 2nd trimester. Everyone assures me I’ll stop being tired, but that’s what they said last time too. I have a mommy day today – Grandma and Grandpa took Lemonade to visit some family, Hubs is at work and I get to do whatever I want. Ok, not WHATEVER I want. Because I’d love a massage and to be able to eat 4 hot dogs. But I’m sitting on my couch watching some DVR’d TV and knocking out a to-do list that can mostly be completed while I am sitting. HIGH FIVE ME!
How Big is Baby: Baby is the size of a plum! 2.1 inches and .49 oz!!
Weight Gain: About 5 pounds.
Gender: Still leaning towards girl. Seester says I’m being fickle.
Names: I should just take out this question because I won’t share them anyways. I’m that person.
Symptoms: SO hungry. But really particular about what I eat (like I’m done with Thanksgiving leftovers, thanks). Tired.
Sleep: Really weird dreams are keeping me from sleeping as soundly as I’d like.
Movement: Nothing new to report.
Maternity Clothes: I wear them because they are more comfortable but I don’t NEED them I just don’t want to look like I’m sticking 20 extra pounds plus inches into my jeans.
Food Cravings: Uh, pure junk like chili cheese dogs and TB tacos.
Food Aversions: None really. High five!
Stretchmarks: None 🙂 (even from last time)
What I’m Looking Forward To: Getting past the tired phase.
What I Miss: Being able to only order 1 meal at a restaurant.
Next Drs Appointment: Dec 12.
Best Moment of the Week: Being in the 2nd trimester. Maybe I won’t be so tired!
More info from The Bump:
- Most of her critical systems are fully formed!
- She’s about to enter the growth and maturation stage, in which her organs and tissues will grow and develop rapidly.
- She’s now developing her reflexes — if you poke her body, she’ll likely move.
- She’s opening and closing her fingers and curling her toes, too.
- Her brain is developing fast!
- Your hormones should calm down a bit — if not now, soon. That means less nausea and fatigue (yay!).
- More vaginal discharge, to protect your, um, lady parts from infection.
- A noticeably bigger belly. Do you look pregnant now?
- Headaches and dizziness may start to intensify around this time, which could be caused by hormones, vision changes, drops in blood sugar, dehydration or stress.