While I may not appreciate every thing from the classic song (I don’t even know what “schnitzel” is or why one eats it with noodles), I must say that her list is a beautiful reminder of the simplest things in life which makes me rejoice in the simple things today:
1. It is snowing. It is GORGEOUS outside. Some people hate winter. And I get that cold is annoying. But the snow…oh it’s beautiful. I could never live some place that had NO snow all winter…what’s the point? (This was not extended as a challenge, God, you know how I feel about snow.)
2. I love how much Lemonade loves to help me. She wants to know what I’m doing all the time and while it can be cumbersome, I wouldn’t trade a minute of her imitating me and wanting to learn so much already. She’s going to be the best big sister.
3. I am still amazed at the power of a cup of coffee.
4. How my husband can make anything sound exciting – including having liver for dinner.
5. How it never fails that every day, I laugh so hard my stomach hurts and also at some point, I have tears in my eyes. I guess I’ll blame being pregnant.
6. How people never change and even when you want them to so badly…you learn to love them more.
That’s it. I’m weepy. I guess we’re having a date night. The babes and the hubs are playing in the snow and I need some pictures.